My brother and I both love WordPress, and between the two of us have over 14 years of experience using it on a daily basis. We were frustrated with the free plugins out there that aim to speed up your sites. Every time we came across one it was always missing a few critical features, coded in a not efficient manner, or trying to push advertising. So we decided to build the perfmatters plugin ourselves. This is a combination of performance optimizations that we use across all of our sites and clients.
This is not our first plugin either, we also develop and maintain the WP Coupons plugin. Patching plugins, listening to customer’s feedback, responding to support tickets is nothing new for us! In fact, we love it.
Brian Jackson – @brianleejackson
I’m currently the Director of Inbound Marketing at Kinsta. I have personally worked in the CDN industry and am now working in the high-performance WordPress hosting sector. I have been knee deep in web performance for years and have optimized thousands of sites. I have also published hundreds of articles pertaining to WordPress optimization and performance.
WordPress is a huge passion of mine and everything I do has revolved around the WordPress community for the past 10 years. I also blog over at woorkup about everything WordPress, SEO, and marketing related.
Fun Facts About Me
- I am a powerseller on eBay with over 1,600 feedback and a 100% rating.
- I am a super seller on Flippa with over $20,000 in sales.
- I sold a web hosting company in college, hosting over 700 websites.
- I received the Microsoft MVP Award in Windows Expert-IT Pro category.
I am a web developer who loves building awesome web applications and of course anything WordPress. I am constantly figuring out new performance optimizations that I can implement to speed up client’s sites.
Fun Facts About Me
- If you can think of something you want WordPress to do, I can probably code it.
- I can really geek out when talking about video games, headphones, or personal finance.