Skip to content
Use code PERFMATTERS for an additional 10% off! 💥
Version 1.4.6 – 01.21.2020
- Added a specific and more generous threshold for lazy loading. This ensures butter-smooth loading of images while visitors scroll down the page. While raw performance is the objective, perceived performance (how quick a user thinks the site is) is also important.
- Added some additional dequeues to the Disable WooCommerce function to target inline CSS and JS.
Version 1.4.5 – 12.08.2019
- Updated Disable Google Maps and Disable Google Fonts toggles to not run in WP Admin.
- Turned off native lazy loading by default and added new option to Use Native.
- Added perfmatters_lazyload_excluded_attributes filter which allows for an array of attribute strings to be given that if found will exclude the matched image/s from lazy loading.
- Made some compatibility improvements to the Script Manager function that gets the ID of the current post.
- Added perfmatters_get_current_ID filter which allows the user to extend or modify the functionality of the Script Manager’s current ID function.
Version 1.4.4 – 10.20.2019
- Fixed undefined index PHP Notice coming from the Preconnect settings display function.
- Added additional compatibility with Elementor when using the Script Manager to disable certain Elementor scripts + styles.
- Added a ignore flag class to all Lazy Load functions. Simply add the ‘no-lazy’ class to any image element you want to be exempt from lazy loading.
- Added validation filter to Login URL input to prevent incompatible characters from being entered.
Version 1.4.3 – 10.02.2019
- Fixed an issue with the Lazy Load function that was causing an error with some older PHP versions.
Version 1.4.2 – 09.30.2019
Version 1.4.1 – 08.18.2019
- New addition to the Preconnect option, you can now choose to whether or not to add the crossorigin property for each Preconnect URL.
- Optimization to the loading of Perfmatters admin scripts + styles.
- Added additional Script Manager styles for better compatibility.
- Added an additional function for the Custom Login URL to help rewrite certain wp-admin links in specific multisite setups.
- Reorganized plugin action links in the plugins table.
Version 1.4.0 – 07.16.2019
- Fixed an issue where the Current URL Exceptions were not loading correctly after saving in the Script Manager.
Version 1.3.9 – 07.14.2019
- Added new Extra options to Add Header Code and Add Footer Code.
- Added missing blank defaults for DNS Prefetch and Preconnect options.
- Added functionality to force the Admin Bar to display when the Script Manager is loaded.
- Script Manager styling adjustments.
- Added success message on save when the Script Manager options are updated.
- Added support for 404 pages when trying to disable or enable on the Current URL.
Version 1.3.8 – 06.17.2019
- Added new option to Disable Comments.
- Updated a section of the Script Manager to better reflect the Current URL when determining if it is a match for the given regex pattern.
Version 1.3.7 – 05.29.2019
- Added links to the Script Manager from the posts list page and post edit page which will take you to the front end and load the Script Manager for the corresponding post.
- Added warning notices for both WP_POST_REVISIONS and AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL if they are set in Perfmatters while also defined elsewhere.
Version 1.3.6 – 04.21.2019
- Added new option to Disable Google Fonts.
- Removed option to Disable Completely from the Disable REST API dropdown due to core WordPress compatibility issues. Permission model is now the recommended method.
- Added additional object check to prevent PHP warning in certain cases when using the Separate Archives option in the Script Manager.
- Added some additional logic to filter duplicate scripts out of the Script Manager master array if they are present.
- CSS fixes in the Script Manager for better compatibility.
- Expanded the Script Manager current ID function for better reliability.
Version 1.3.5 – 03.10.2019
- Added new Disable WordPress REST API option which will disable REST API requests and display an authentication error message if the requester doesn’t have permission.
- Added additional action removal to the Remove REST API Links function.
- Made some changes to the Script Manager save button. It is now fixed on the bottom of the screen for easier access without having to scroll.
- Additional Script Manager style adjustments.
Version 1.3.4 – 02.13.2019
- Minor update to Remove Comment URLs function priority for better compatibility with theme templates.
Version 1.3.3 – 02.13.2019
- Added new option to Remove Comment URLs.
- Added French (fr_FR) language translation. Props to @adbchris. 👏
- Fixed a PHP warning that would occur when saving Script Manager settings in some instances when Display Archives was also enabled.
Version 1.3.2 – 01.13.2019
- Added new option to Add Blank Favicon in the Extras tab.
- Fixed an issue in the Script Manager Global View where options set for the home page would show up as a 0 with a broken link.
- Added some additional styles to the main Script Manager view for better compatibility.
Version 1.3.1 – 12.07.2018
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause an enabled message to display on the front end when using the Regex option in the Script Manager.
Version 1.3.0 – 11.23.2018
- Added new Regex option the Script Manager for both disables and exceptions.
- Added new Reset option in the Script Manager settings which allows for a complete wipe + reset of all configured Script Manager options.
- Added additional Script Manager styles to improve compatibility.
- Added new status message in Script Manager global view when no options have been set.
Version 1.2.9 – 10.28.2018
- Updated uninstallation function to account for new Script Manager settings.
- Updated Google Analytics Disable Display Features function to work correctly with Google’s new format.
- Added support to Use MonsterInsights along with Perfmatters local analytics (
analytics.js) hosting functionality. 🎉
- Added new option in Script Manager settings to Display Archives which will allow you to selectively enable scripts on generated archive pages.
Version 1.2.8 – 09.23.2018
- Added mobile + responsive styles to the Script Manager navigation.
- Added additional styles to the Script Manager for compatibility.
- Fixed a bug where the Script Manager disclaimer would not turn back on after being switched off.
Version 1.2.7 – 09.09.2018
- Small patch to check for a required WP function and include core file if necessary for some setups.
Version 1.2.6 – 09.09.2018
Version 1.2.5 – 07.31.2018
- Fixed an issue with the Change Login URL function that was causing an error when using WP-CLI.
- Added some additional compatibility styles to the Script Manager.
Version 1.2.4 – 07.15.2018
- Fixed a bug in the Script Manager that caused Current URL Enable checkboxes to not save properly in certain situations.
- Updated EDD license functions to process proper SSL verification when calling the WordPress HTTP API.
- Updated perfmatters_default_options array with new options from recent updates.
- Removed BETA tag from Local Analytics option.
- Added more details to the Script Manager Global Settings to see which post IDs and post types have settings assigned to them.
- Additional styles added to the Script Manager for better compatibility.
- Updated .pot and translation files.
Version 1.2.3 – 07.01.2018
- Bugfix – Rolled back some of the heartbeat changes from the previous update to do some additional testing. Should solve some plugin conflicts that popped up.
Version 1.2.2 – 07.01.2018
- Added additional WooCommerce checks for WC specific pages before running disable functions.
- Changes to the Disable Heartbeat function to avoid causing a script dependency error.
- Added new Disable Password Strength Meter option.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Script Manger dropdown colors to not display correctly when jQuery was disabled.
- Modified admin notice to print our using ‘admin_notices’ hook. (credit: Christian Follmann)
- Made some adjustments to Script Manager copy to remove unnecessary HTML from the translations. (credit: Christian Follmann)
- Props to Hasan Basri (www.hasanbasri93.com) for Indonesian (id_ID) translation. 👏
- Updated translations based on the new .pot file.
- Various other minor tweaks + improvements.
Version 1.2.1 – 05.20.2018
- Updated Local Analytics function to improve compatibility with different server setups.
Version 1.2.0 – 05.17.2018
- New option to Enable Local Analytics, along with a new dedicated Google Analytics tab with various related options.
- Added some additional logic to redirect RSS Feed URLs when Disable RSS Feeds is toggled on.
- Fixed an issue that was causing certain email links not to work when using a Custom Login URL.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the password reset link not to function properly when using a Custom Login URL in a multisite environment.
- Made some adjustments to the Disable Self Pingbacks function to fix an issue with case sensitivity.
- Updated text domain for translations in the EDD Updater class.
- Fixed a bug where the Clean Uninstall option would still show up on individual sites in a multisite environment.
- Props to PDPK di Mauro Panzarola (https://pdpkapp.com) for Italian (it_IT) translation. 👏
Version 1.1.9 – 04.16.2018
- Perfmatters is now translation ready! If you are interested in helping out with a translation, please contact us.
- Props to Christian Foellmann (cfoellmann@GitHub) for German (de_DE) translation. 👏
- Fixed a PHP undefined index warning in the Script Manager.
- Fixed a bug that was causing issues with the Change Login URL slug when using certain permalink settings.
Version 1.1.8 – 03.27.2018
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Script Manager dequeue priority that could cause it to not function properly.
- Minor update to the uninstall function.
Version 1.1.7 – 03.19.2018
- Fixed a bug that was causing the remove query strings option to conflict with files that have necessary query string parameters (Google Fonts).
Version 1.1.6 – 03.18.2018
Version 1.1.5 – 02.26.2018
- Fixed multiple PHP warnings related to settings + option initialization.
Version 1.1.4 – 02.20.2018
- Added multisite support with the ability to manage default network settings and network access control.
- Made some adjustments to plugin naming conventions throughout WordPress admin screens, menus, etc…
- Removed BETA tag on Change Login URL option.
Version 1.1.3 – 01.11.2018
- Added new Change Login URL (BETA) feature to change your WordPress login URL and block the default wp-admin and wp-login endpoints from being directly accessed.
- Added new Disable Dashicons feature to disable Dashicons from the front-end when not logged in.
Version 1.1.2 – 12.19.2017
- Added character masking to the license key input field.
Version 1.1.1 – 12.07.2017
- Added new CDN URL Rewrite feature in a new settings tab with various settings to customize your configuration.
- Added new Global Settings section in the Script Manager with a visual representation of the Script Manager options set across the entire site.
- Made some updates to the Script Manager layout in preparation for future additional features.
Version 1.1.0 – 10.23.2017
- Added new Disable Google Maps toggle.
- Added some backend logic to the Script Manager to hide scripts that have already been disabled sitewide via the main plugin settings.
- Update to the EDD license activation function variables to help prevent activation conflicts with other plugins.
Version 1.0.9 – 10.11.2017
- Removed the toggle to disable WooCommerce reviews, as there is already a WooCommerce setting that provides that functionality.
Version 1.0.8 – 10.11.2017
- Added new WooCommerce section to the options tab with multiple toggles to disable or limit certain WooCommerce scripts and functionality including the following:
- Added some new styles to the plugin admin page to allow for clearer organization of different sections.
- Fixed an undefined index notice in the Script Manager.
- Added some additional styles to the checkboxes in the Script Manager to fix a theme compatibility issue.
Version 1.0.7 – 09.03.2017
- Added functionality to remove the shortlink HTTP header when Remove Shortlink is toggled on.
- Added functionality to remove the xmlrpc.php link as well as the X-Pingback HTTP header when Disable XML-RPC is toggled on.
Version 1.0.6 – 08.29.2017
- Removed BETA label from Script Manager.
- Added new DNS Prefetch option in the Extras tab.
Version 1.0.5 – 08.22.2017
- Added new toggle to Remove REST API Links.
- Renamed ‘Remove Feed Links’ toggle for more clarification.
- UI improvements, hovering tooltips, more links to the web documentation, etc…
- Added version numbers to admin scripts to avoid caching on plugin update.
- Refactored a good portion of the settings initialization code.
- Removed “Beta” status for script manager. It has been fully tested now and is ready to use in production.
Version 1.0.4 – 07.20.2017
- Fixed a few PHP warnings dealing with the Script Manager option array management.
- Fixed a UI bug in the Script Manager causing certain post type check boxes to not be selectable.
- Upgrade licensing feature added. You can now upgrade licenses from within your account and you are automatically prorated the new amount.
Version 1.0.3 – 07.16.2017
- Introduced the new Script Manager feature to disable scripts on a per page/post basis.
Version 1.0.2 – 06.05.2017
- Added Extras tab with a new option for Accessibility Mode. Enabling this will turn off the custom styles we use for our settings toggles and revert to standard HTML checkboxes.
- Additional accessibility improvements.
- A few style fixes.
- WordPress 4.8 support.
Version 1.0.1 – 06.04.2017
- Accessibility improvements to the plugin settings page.
Version 1.0.0 – 06.01.2017
Was this article helpful?