There are times when you have a WordPress site where you won’t need, want, or use comments. And therefore, so as to not have to worry about spam, it’s best to simply disable WordPress comments altogether. In fact, we disable comments on this site.
Disable WordPress comments
Follow the steps below to disable comments altogether on your WordPress site.
Click into the Perfmatters plugin settings.
Under the “Options” tab and “General” sub-navigation menu, toggle on “Disable Comments.”
Scroll down and click “Save Changes.”
Below is a list of the actions that we attempt to perform when Disable Comments is toggled on:
- Disable the built-in Recent Comments widget.
- Remove the X-Pingback header.
- Remove the comment feed links.
- Disable comment feed requests.
- Remove comment links from the admin bar.
- Remove support for comments from all post types.
- Close comment filters.
- Remove comment links from the admin menu.
- Disable built-in discussion page.
- Hide comments from the dashboard.
- Hide comment settings option from the profile page.
- Return a blank comments template when requested.
- Remove comment reply script.